Call Danielle 610-506-8919
It’s that pumpkin latte time of year again, and SERVPRO of West Chester wants you to be safe from fire damage and smoke damage. Although fires from candles happen more often around the holidays, many people use candles all year round. It is important to be careful any time you have an open flame in your home.
Prevention is the best way to fight against fire damage or injuries.
SERVPRO of West Chester offers these Tips for Fire Prevention from Candles:
- Keep candles at least 12 inches away from anything that can catch fire
- Do not let children near candles
- Put out candles when leaving the room or going to bed
- Keep trees and other plants away from candles
- Make sure candles are not near window curtains or blinds that could catch fire
- Keep lit candles in safe candle holders
- If the flame has to burn until the candles are out, keep the candles in holders that keep the flames behind glass
- If the flame has to burn until the candles are out, keep the candle holders in a sink or a metal container of water
- Do not leave children alone in a room with lit candles
- Do not light candles in the bedroom. You might fall asleep. One third of all candle fires start in the bedroom.
- If the power goes out, use flashlights instead of candles
- If someone in the home uses oxygen, do not use candles
- Fire damage from candles happens 35 times a day in the U.S.
A little caution goes a long way to protect you and your loved ones. If you have to deal with damage caused by smoke or fire from a candle in your home, your friends at SERVPRO of West Chester are just a phone call away.
If you experience fire damage, call Danielle at 610-506-8919.
Call Danielle 610-506-8919
Smoke and fire damage is something all of us at SERVPRO of West Chester would like to see you avoid. In the event the worst happens and you are faced with this kind of disaster, you can count on us to lend a helping hand. We have a team of highly trained professionals to walk with you each step of the way when repairing the damage from smoke, water, and fire in your home.
Just to be safe, SERVPRO of West Chester recommends you keep at least one fire extinguisher and know how to use it (them).
A fire-extinguisher may prevent fire damage and smoke damage from spreading throughout the home.
If you see a small fire that you take care of yourself, use the following tips. If you have any worries, you and everyone should leave the house and call 9-1-1 when you are outside.
SERVPRO of West Chester wants you to know that you can try to fight a small fire only if:
- You can get to the fire extinguisher quickly. Fire is fast. Fire damage and smoke damage are less painful than personal injuries
- You know how to use the fire extinguisher
SERVPRO of West Chester explains the Types of Home Fire Extinguishers:
Classes A, B, and C fire extinguishers are found in both homes and businesses
- Class A is for cloth, wood, and paper
- Class B is for liquids that can burst into flame or explode, such as grease, gasoline, oil, or oil-based paints
- Class C is for electrical equipment like computers, tools, or anything else that is plugged in
- Most home-improvement stores sell multi-purpose fire extinguishers: Classes A:B:C
If you experience fire damage, call Danielle at 610-506-8919
Keeping West Chester Safe During a Pandemic
Call Danielle for Commercial Cleaning 610-506-8919
For proactive and reactive viral pathogen cleaning, one product we rely on is SERVPROXIDE. The disinfectant is effective against a range of pathogens, EPA-registered, and is NSF Rated which means rinsing isn't required on food contact surfaces.
As our communities get back to business, we all have a new sense of what it means to be clean. In fact, 89% of consumers are uneasy about going back to brick-and-mortar locations. At SERVPRO of West Chester, we’re dedicated to inspiring confidence in communities across the country as we find our way to a new normal. And we’re doing just that with Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Certified: SERVPRO Clean our new defensive pathogen cleaning program, goes way beyond standard janitorial cleaning practices. This is proactive viral pathogen cleaning. With over 50 years of experience in biochemical spill remediation and decontamination, you can trust SERVPRO Franchise Professionals to bring a higher standard of clean to the places we gather.
If you want proactive or reactive cleaning for COVID-19 done in your business, call SERVPRO of West Chester. We are here to help keep your business safe. 610-506-8919
Finding all of the Water in Your Home After a Water Loss
If you experience a water loss, call Danielle 610-506-8919
Finding all of the water in your home after a water loss is critical for drying and safety.
Even sanitary water or clean water left standing can become contaminated within days. The longer the water is able to sit and get soaked into materials the greater the damage and the more extensive remediation and repairs. After a water loss, make sure to check these critical places for water or moisture:
- Ceilings of rooms under the source
- Wet insulation
- Duct systems
- Crawl spaces
Here at SERVPRO of West Chester, we know how overwhelming a water loss can be. This is why we are here to give tips to help you through the process. When your home or business is affected by water damage, call SERVPRO of West Chester for a trustworthy restoration team. We are here to help your home or business go back to normal. For any fire, mold, or water damage, call Danielle. 610-506-8919
Call Danielle 610-506-8919
Homes can have issues from fire or smoke damage for various reasons. In the Holiday season home fires often occur from unattended candles and cooking accidents. In winter months they often occur due to fireplaces and wood stoves or from space heaters. In the spring and summer months fires often occur from issues related to barbecues and grills.
Fires from barbecues and grills typically cause the most damage to the outside of a home or building but damage can also occur inside due from fire or smoke but also from water damage from firefighting efforts.
Fires can be devastating to your home and life. It is important to be mindful of these reasons that fires can start so that they can be prevented.
If you experience a fire in your home, SERVPRO of West Chester is the restoration company to call. We are leaders in fire, water, and mold damage restoration. We care about you, your family, and your home and will do anything to get your life back to normal. Call Danielle, 610-506-8919
Fire Safety in Your Home
Call Danielle 610-506-8919
Fires can be very frightening – they are scary, spread quickly and can cause devastating losses. While we cannot completely fire-proof our homes, there are a few safety steps you can take to help protect your family in the event of a fire.
- Install and regularly test smoke detectors. Statistics show that working smoke detectors reduce the risk of death in a house fire almost in half! Fires spread quickly, and once that alarm sounds, you may only have a minute or two to escape.
- Practice Fire Drills at home. Since time is of the utmost importance during a fire, it is best to KNOW what do in the event of a fire. What is the best escape route? Where does the family meet up outside? In order to respond quickly, it is best to have a rehearsed plan ahead of time.
- Have fire extinguishers handy & know how to use them. Keep them in an easy access location near a likely source of fire – in the kitchen, the laundry room, etc. And maybe buy a few extra and have your children practice using them (probably best to do OUTSIDE).
- Childproof your kitchen. To keep small children from accidentally turning on the stove, which may having something on it that could burn.
- Keep matches and lighters out of reach of children. Make sure to teach your children they are not toys.
While no one wants to imagine what they would do in the event of a fire, it is better to be prepared, and have a plan to help keep your family as safe as possible. And if you do experience a fire, do not hesitate to call SERVPRO of West Chester. We are here to help you and your family in any fire, water, or mold emergency. 610-506-8919
Main Causes of Cooking Fires
Call Danielle 610-506-8919
Cooking fires are one of the most common fires that occur in a home. It is important to know the causes so that you can be mindful in preventing them.
The top main cause of a cooking fire are:
- Towels or potholder left on the stove too close to the burner.
- Cooking with hot oils.
- Cooking on too high of heat.
- Food that burns in the oven or on the stove top.
The damage that cooking fires cause can be devastating to your home and family. It is important to implement safe cooking practices in your home at all time.
If you do experience a fire while cooking in your kitchen, be sure to call SERVPRO of West Chester right away. We know accidents happen and are here to restore your home or kitchen to make them look brand new. Here at SERVPRO of West Chester, we are here to help 24/7/365. Give us a call for any fire, water, or mold damage to your home. 610-506-8919
Here to Help Keep Your Business Safe
Here to Help Keep your Business Safe
As Pennsylvania is beginning to reopen and lift some of the restrictions set in place for the COVID-19 pandemic, businesses are assessing how and when they’re going to reopen. Many are tasked with not only navigating the guidelines set forth by their state but are also working to establish an entirely new way of doing business. Regardless of industry, every business in America has had to make difficult but necessary decisions to develop a strategic plan of action for reopening.
For some, it’s allowing employees to continue to work from home for the remainder of the year. For others, it’s implementing a phased approach of reintroducing both employees and customers to their business environment. For all, a plan that involves a high standard of cleanliness and sanitation is of the utmost importance. Transparency and clear communication of reopening plans, both internally and externally, is proving to be critical for success and support during these trying times.
It’s clear that most businesses are listening to the CDC guidelines and recommendations and placing a higher emphasis on cleanliness and sanitation—for not only their employees to feel safe, but for the safety of their customers as well. These actions and higher standards are becoming the new norm in nearly every industry worldwide and will pave the way for the future of hygienic standards in business overall.
SERVPRO of West Chester is here to help keep your business safe and clean during these times. We care about your business and the safety of your employees and customers.
Give us a call at 610-506-8919, We’ll take the worry for you.
Minimizing Water Damage
Call Danielle 610-506-8919
When it occurs, water damage is a significant problem for business owners. SERVPRO West Chester is here to help when this problem strikes. We are here to educate business owners to on how to handle water damage and minimize its devastating effects.
Water Damage Basics
Some of the possible causes of water damage:
- Poor Ventilation
- Leaking Pipes
- Excessive Condensation
- High Humidity
- Damp Utility Closets
- Roof Leaks
- Damp Carpets
- Fire Sprinklers
Once water damage occurs on your property, you need to figure out where the water came from, the extent of the damage and how long the property has been damaged.
When dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. SERVPRO of West Chester professionals respond immediately and use advanced equipment and techniques to remove the water quickly. They closely monitor and document the drying process to verify your property is dried properly and thoroughly.
Your commercial property’s appearance speaks volumes to your clients. So, when the need arises for professional cleaning or emergency restoration services, SERVPRO of West Chester is the one to call. In any water, storm, fire, or mold damage, call us 24/7/365. 610-506-8919
Steps to Take After a Storm
How to Stay Safe
- Check the local news to make sure your area is safe from the storm.
- Watch out for glass or broken nails
- Avoid standing water
- Look out for hazards such as damaged roofs, broken windows, standing water, or damaged walls.
Assess the Damage to your Home
Take pictures of the storm damage to send to your insurance company!
Roof Damage Signs
- Holes in the roof
- Damaged shingles
- Damaged gutters
- Ceiling leaks
- Dents on vents or gutters
Inspect your windows and doors for cracks and holes. Check the siding of your house, paint, and bricks for damages. Be sure to inspect air conditioning units as well.
Contact Your Insurance Provider
When contacting your insurance company, they will provide you with the next steps needed to make a claim. Your agent can answer any questions you may have about your claim. This will help you become compensated for the damages!
Contact SERVPRO of West Chester!
SERVPRO of West Chester is here to help when your home or business is affected by storm damage. We are leading professionals in the restoration business and offer the best of care. Call us if you experience any storm, water, fire, or mold damage! 610-506-8919