What Is Black Mold?
Black mold is a problem that occurs when a structure has been subjected to repeated bouts with moisture and/or standing water. Storms, water pipe leaks/ruptures, flooding, or spills can cause an enormous amount of damage if it is not handled within twenty-four hours after water has entered the area in question.
If you don’t know who to call, and you know your home/business structure is in peril, call us. SERVPRO of West Chester is here to help. We have the equipment and knowledge to bring it back to the condition it was before the water damage that instigated the mold growth happened.
At ease in the cleanup and restoration business, our individually owned and operated franchises are staffed with experts who know their craft. Don’t worry, we can handle it.
Learn more about mold and what to do until help arrives by visiting Mold Damage Tips.
How Do I Tell If It’s Black Mold?
Since many types of mold can cause reactions, you should contact us regardless of the color or type of mold. In many instances, multiple types of mold may exist in the same house or structure. If you suspect you have a mold problem, contact SERVPRO of West Chester immediately.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (610) 692-8884
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of West Chester is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 1,600 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- West Goshen
- West Chester
- East Goshen
- West Bradford
- East Bradford
- Hershey Mill