Biohazard and Sewage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
When faced with the danger of bio hazardous cleanup and restoration, you need qualified professionals. SERVPRO of West Chester is here to help our community 7 days a week and 24 hours a day. We have trained to make sure your home or business gets back up and running as soon as possible when you are affected by any foreign contaminates.
The problems with contamination in the state of Pennsylvania must be cleaned and disinfected properly. These same structures, when involved in any hazardous situations such as sewage leaks, methamphetamine production, the presence of blood from suicide or homicide, improper chemical storage, and/or animal excrement, must receive the attention and training only the professionals at SERVPRO of West Chester can bring to the table.
With the latest equipment and highly trained technicians to ensure customer safety, we strictly adhere to the federal and state requirements regulating the treatment of these situations and the proper disposal and/or storage of any waste collected.
Need Biohazard Cleanup? Call Us Today – (610) 692-8884
After any biohazard or sewage contamination in your home or business, your primary focus should be safety:
- Is it safe to stay in the house?
- Exposure to biological and chemical contaminants can pose serious health consequences.
- Flood water can contain sewage, pesticides, and other contaminants.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
What to Do After a Contamination
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Call emergency service personnel if the situation is life-threatening.
- Treat all bodily fluids as if they are contaminated.
- Turn off the HVAC system if there is sewage damage.
What Not to Do After a Contamination
- Don’t leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don’t leave books, magazines, or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don’t use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don’t use television or other household appliances.
- Don’t turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
24 Hour Emergency Service
Biohazards like flood water or sewer backups should be considered an emergency and dealt with as quickly as possible. SERVPRO of West Chester has water damage restoration specialists and has specific training and expertise to safely remediate biohazard contaminants.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- West Chester
- Hershey Mill
- West Goshen
- East Goshen
- East Bradford
- West Bradford